This ancient therapy originating in China involves inserting very thin needles into the body surface at specific points; it is effective in treating many cancer symptoms and side effects.
Affordability and access
Can I do this on my own?
Acupuncture needs to be administered by a trained and qualified professional. We encourage you to check licensing and certification of acupuncturists before scheduling an appointment.
Other names for acupuncture
- Manual acupuncture
- Traditional acupuncture
Where to access
Other places to look:
- Independent small practices
- Ask your medical team—conventional physicians and nurse practitioners often refer patients for acupuncture treatments
- Moderate cost (between $500 US and $2000 US/year)
- Costs depend on the number of sessions
- Sessions can cost between $25 (group sessions) to $100 or more each
- An initial session may be more expensive, as the provider will need to assess your medical condition